The book is out. Time to lean back and watch my inevitable rise to literary, internet and financial domination.
That’s how it works, right?
Only if this was a Disney Channel movie, unfortunately. And it if was I would hope that my animated sidekick was a talking Roomba.
After two years of work, stress, and toil — I’ve taken the first step. But only the first step. And now the long, grueling march to More Than a Blip. Shuck and jive, self-promote, sing and dance and drop my pants — whatever it takes, as long as it takes. The key is to not get frustrated or discouraged — ’cause it’s going to be SLOW.
And now for some Thankery.
- The Alpha Readers, the Beta Readers, the people who dealt with my endless questions and ruminations as I floundered around.
- Mike Groves / Poopbird for his amazing cover art.
- Margaret Poplin, my designer, for her calm, efficient management of my insanity and quick, thorough, excellent work on the layout and design of the print cover.
- My beloved for not strangling me during this entire process.
- The Crew of the Lodestar for letting my try out lots of stupid stories and characters on them.
- Joe Peacock for giving me the push at the right moment.
- And you — whoever you are, reading all the way to the end. I’m going to need your help the most from here on out.
2 thoughts on “And That’s It, Right?”
Congrats! Now start the next step – keep writing. There’s nothing that will sell your book more than putting out another book. Good luck!
You know this. I’m in a show right now, but work on The Riddle Box starts mid-April. Very excited to be back to the fun part now that I’m out of Editing Purgatory.